The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. Dr. Cara is Invisalign certified and accepts select cases with mild-moderate crowding where we can treat in-office. If your case involves more movement or severe crowding, we will refer you to an orthodontist where they can give you options of regular braces and or clear braces. To discuss clear braces in the Maize KS area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment for a consultation to see your options.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr.Cara’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 1 week for at least 22 hours a day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position.
- You’ll visit the dental office about once every 6 weeks depending on your case to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.